The Internet offers you immediate access to a world of medical and health-related information. Whether you are a physician looking for recently published research or a consumer seeking information about a personal health concern, the internet can be an invaluable tool. This section of our Web site includes links to a number of sites that we believe are both useful and credible. In the months ahead, we will expand this section with new links and site reviews. Please visit us often!
- Information regarding Gardasil
- Family health information from the CDC
- Heredity Cancer Testing
- American College Of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Texas Medical Association
Pregnancy Medication List
It can be difficult when pregnant to decide what medications to take and when to take them. This page will list some guidelines regarding medication use during pregnancy.
Some medications are unsafe to the baby and/or may cause birth defects or miscarriages. DO NOT TAKE ANY OF THE MEDICATIONS ON THIS LIST WHILE PREGNANT!
- Adult strength aspirin (325 mg)
- Accutane (for acne)
- Benzoyl Peroxide (for acne)
- Capoten (for hypertension)
- Cipro (antibiotic)
- Danocrine (for endometriosis)
- Dramamine (nausea)
- Diuretics (fluid pills)
- Ergotamines (for migraines)
- Floxin (antibiotic)
- Levaquin (antibiotic)
- Mebendazole (Vermox -pinworms)
- Paxil (antidepressant)